Thursday, March 6, 2014

Teaching is an Art

As I reflect on my field work observation, I ask myself what did I learn about this experience? What stands out the most?
First and foremost, I appreciate the work and patience that goes into being good teacher. The good ones make it look easy. IT'S NOT EASY. There are so many things that a teacher must know and do behind the scenes, when the class is not even there. A good teacher can multitask, walk a tight rope between administration and parents, while teaching a student that they matter.
The thing that stands out the most is, how much I enjoyed being in the schools with the students. It was tiring, but so rewarding. I am glad that I had the opportunity to do this. I am confident in my choice to pursue this as a career.
"I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist and that there are as few as there are any other great artists. Teaching might even be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit."
John Steinbeck

No comments:

Post a Comment